Admit it, you were thinking about going to Mioritmic…
After 3 editions when you’ve seen your newsfeed full of check-ins, pictures and videos from the ground, you find yourself wondering if it’s the time to give it a try?
Well…Think again! Here are 20 reasons why you shouldn’t:
1. The organisers are new in this business. Club Midi was opened in november 2007, being only the first location in Transylvania exclusively addressed to electronic music, receiving in a very short time international recognition. Sunrise was established in 2005, creating 20 Sunwaves editions so far, that trendsetter bi-annual festival from the seaside coast. Mhm, not very impressive, right?
2.Cluj-Napoca is that boring city from the Heart of Transylvania, ex European Youth Capital, renowned for the friendly and happy people. You don’t have where to go out and have a juicy goulash, or places that offer a breathtaking view of the city, or bars that are included in top 10 coolest bars in the world. Basically, there’s this random festival and nothing to do besides attending it. Told you from the very beginning, don’t stress yourself…
3.Mioritmic takes place next to Baciu forest. So you could check-in only in a haunted forest that was included by BBC in top 5 most haunted forests in the world. Bo-ring
4.The ticket is extremely expensive. You’re paying 20 euro for a full pass and you get to listen to around 40 artists; basically you’d pay this much to see only one if you were abroad. You do the math to see if this is a good deal…
5.I know what you’re thinking, this festival will cost you a little fortune. What’s the point to live such a fulfilling get-away for 3 nights & days, to break the routine, when you’ll spend so much on ticket, accommodation and flights, especially with these recent low-cost flights to Cluj-Napoca…
6.Most probably your friends don’t want to come either. What are the chances to meet with your friends at Mioritmic, considering that so far 18,000 people are interested in attending it? It’s also useless to make new friends, if you don’t have a musical taste in common…
7.The soundsystem is not a strength of the festival, same old same old Funktion-One & top additional systems. The managers do their best to bring the best soundsystem, and we all know that someone will complain on the event page that the sound was not so good in the back of the tent… oh dear
8.If you take every artist from the line-up, you’ll figure out that most of them are headliners on other renowned festivals or underground clubs from this segment. So it’s useless to come to Mioritmic when you’ve seen them so many times, it’s not like they play different music considering the amount of artworks these guys produce. Also, it’s so easy to see them anytime around the clock if you want to… you just have to have lots of cash and travel the world.
9.You come to Mioritmic just for the music. No one takes care to invest time in mindblowing visuals, tematic stages and tents, or visual mapping that will leave you speechless.
10.You’ll have to hear people from the crowd obsessively addressing “when will Rhadoo start playing?” and probably you’ll ask the same thing. That’s so annoying, knowing that when he gets in…he’ll stay there for a while.
11.Mioritmic is the type of festival with fixed timetable, Swiss precision, without surprises such as long sets or unexpected back2backs.
12.That line-up though, those girls.. We all love girls but who would like to see so many girls playing at the same festival, such as Margaret Dygas, Sonja Moonear, Nastia, Bella Sarris, tINi, Abelle, Vlada and Blondish?
13. To see DeWalta & Shannon performing live for the first time in Romania is so boring. They are always nervous because they don’t play live acts so often. Also, who’s interested to see DeWalta playing live jazz instruments at an electronic music festival?
14. In case the music in one tent didn’t manage to fascinate you.. Well.. you can go only in other 2 tents that are connected, and where different influences and styles are being played.. Picky one, you’re screwed
14. In the morning, right before the sun rises, everyone goes home. No afterhours that you’ll talk about years later will take place, nothing like that. It would also be useless, after two great nights to have to enjoy all those unreleased beauties or old school tracks that go straight to your heart and will have you asking for track ids for the next few months.. You don’t need that in your life.
15. Mioritmic is not a trendsetter, being considered so mainstream, without a peculiar identity and vision. Artists are not very happy to be invited to play there and they’re not enjoying themselves at all.
16. There’s no special photo corner, such as one built from an old transylvanian wooden gateway decorated with fresh flowers..
17. You don’t get goosebumps while checking the previous years aftermovies, so what’s the point in living the festival experience by yourself?
18. You shouldn’t come to Mioritmic because… post festival depression. Having to go through all those mood swings, because you want to go back in time. The common symptoms are:
Denying to remove your bracelet from the wrist
Listening mostly to the artists that impressed you
Checking out videos on Youtube recorded at mioritmic
Going through all the photos to find your gang
You’ll sleep and eat a lot
19. Mioritmic is just a festival crafted from passion for like-minded people passionate about the feelings and energies delivered through the blending of sound, visuals and overall atmosphere.
20. On top of everything, as some people complained on the event page, Tale of us is not on the line-up. We think we’ve made our point.